I'm a fan of Wes Bos'
/uses page. Who doesn't love showing off their battle station?
- I use Visual Studio Code as my text editor.
- Wes Bos' Cobalt 2 theme is hands-down my favorite theme for everything.
- Fira Code is my go-to editor font with ligatures enabled.
- I manage all my dotfiles and new machine setup scripts in my dotfiles repo.
- I've recently switched to Neovim as my main editor and IDE. I'm using LazyVim as a base, and have customized it to suit my preferences. I'm now using tmux to manage terminal sessions and Alacritty as my terminal.
- I use oh-my-zsh on Mac with a pretty generic config.
- I love Obsidian.md for note-taking and task management, however I'm currently learning vim, so I'm managing my note files manually for now.
- In Your Face is an app I couldn't live without. It blocks your screen when you have a meeting with a big modal. I haven't missed or been late to a meeting since I got it.
- Fork is my favorite Git GUI. I has an intuitive and simple design and is fast.
- For browsing, I use Firefox on my personal machines and both Firefox and Chrome on my work machine.
- I use Dropbox for file storage after de-googling my life (as much as possible).
- For Calendar & Email I use Fastmail.
- 1 Password for password management.
- Raycast is a new spotlight replacement I've been playing with. Its very similar to Alfred but more modern.
My desk is a L-Shaped Standing Desk from Uplift Desk
I sit on a Herman Miller Aeron I got off craigslist for cheap.
I have four devices connected to my "monitor" that all share a common set of peripherals via a USB switch:
- My work laptop (M1 Max Macbook Pro)
- My personal Mac Mini (M1 256)
- My Gaming PC
- Playstation 5
My "monitor" is a 48" LG C1 OLED TV with a 5 year warranty from Best Buy that covers pixel burn-in. I fell in love with OLEDs when I got one for my living room. Its a big screen at 48", but I run it at 4K and from where I sit, the DPI is quite comfortable. I just have a huge wall of screen to use which is great.
My keyboard is a Ultimate Hacking Keyboard v1 that I crowdfunded in 2015 and received in 2018. I've been using this keyboard close to 5 years now and its the best mechanical keyboard I've ever used.
I use a Glorious Model D mouse, its nice and lightweight for gaming.
I also use a Apple Magic Trackpad which sits between the two halves of my keyboard for when I don't want to move my hands a lot.
I use Bose 700 headphones, but I would not recommend them. They have a tendency to flop off my head if I look up. Terrible design.
Also on my desk are an iPad Pro, Steam Deck and Oculus Quest 2.